Commitment of traders report for the week ending October 2, 2018
- EUR short -7K vs 4K long last week. Position shifts to short from long. Change of 11K
- GBP short 59K vs 67K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 8K
- JPY short -114K vs 85K short last week. Shorts increased 29K
- CHF short 13K vs 16K short last week. Shorts trimmed 3K
- CAD short 19k vs 20k short last week. Shorts trimmed by 1K
- AUD short 72k vs 72k short last week. Unchanged
- NZD short 31K vs 32K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 1K
- Prior week’s report
- Euro position shifted from small short to small long.
- GBP shorts trimmed by 8K. Two week’s ago shorts was the largest short position since May 2017
- All currencies are short (USD long)
- AUD shorts remained unchanged but relatively lumpy at short 72K. The AUDUSD reached the lowest level since February 2016. The short position is the largest since March 2015
- JPY shorts are the highest since February 2018. The USDJPY reached the highest level since November this week (backed off today). So spec shorts are winning.
Touch / Click anywhere to close