Daily thread to exchange ideas and to share your thoughts
Good day, everyone! Hope you’re all doing well as we get things going here in the European session. It’s been a bit of a busy day so far with headlines all over the place on US-China trade, Italy’s budget, and Brexit. Overall, there is a slight softer tone in markets as risk sentiment was shaken up following the arrest of Huawei’s CFO overnight in Canada.
- JPY leads as equities remain soft in European trading; E-minis down 1.0%
- USD holds steady despite slightly lower Treasury yields, NFP tomorrow eyed
- Commodity currencies lag on negative risk tones
- AUD lags on poor risk sentiment, softer trade balance data
- CAD extends losses after dovish BOC, weaker oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
Risk remains the key theme in trading today and markets will be focusing on any further developments on the Huawei case later in the day surely. It’s setting up to be a torrid day for US equities once again so be on the look out for a further response in yen pairs later on.
What are your views on the market right now? Share your thoughts/ideas with the rest of the ForexLive community here.