Opposition Labour Party’s spokesman crossed the wires in the last minutes noting that they could push for a vote of no confidence against the future prime minister if a no-deal Brexit is imposed.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- We are seeking to create the conditions for parliament to take control and prevent disastrous no deal Brexit.
- What would be unconstitutional would be to prorogue parliament.
- Boris Johnson and other conservative candidates have made clear they are prepared to see a no deal which would be disastrous.
- We are not prepared to allow that to happen.
- If we aren’t successful we will use other mechanisms to get the same outcome to prevent no deal.
- Vote of no confidence is one option of several.